How to Hide a Folder In Windows 7, 8 & 10
You need to know how to hide a folder in your Windows PC. If you want to protect your folder this trick is really helpful. You can do it without any software program. I think you will be benefitted if you know how to hide a folder in Windows 7,8 & 10. Windows is the most popular operating system. Nowadays Windows 7, 8 and 10 are the best and most popular OS among the users.
You May Like:
- How to Show Hidden Folder In Windows 7, 8 & 10
- How to Download Complete Website Browsing Offline
- Create or Delete A Partition in Windows 8
- How to Create a Partition in Windows 7 without Losing Data
- Delete a Partition In Windows 7 Easily
A folder contains your important and secret documents, files, data, and more. You must make sure its safety if you want to protect your folder from others. Someone may use your computer and you don’t want that someone sees your folder. We use different methods to secure our folders from others view. Most of the people make passwords protected folders, it is good enough. But there is another interesting process to protect your folder. That is hiding your folder. If you hide your folder no change will make in your system and folder. You can get back that folder whenever you want. You have to know how to hide a folder in your PC without using any software.
I want to help those people who are using Windows OS. I will show you step by step how to hide a folder on your Windows PC.
How to Hide a Folder In Windows 7
- Go to the parent folder of that folder you want to hide. Now click on Organize then select Folder and Search Options.
- Now a new window will appear. Click on View. Then make sure you have selected Don’t show hidden files, folders,or drives option just like below image. Finally, click on OK for the save changes.
- Then go to the folder you want to hide and right-click on it and select Properties.
- Now select General and then check the box Hidden. Then click OK or Apply. That’s all. Now you will see that your folder has hidden.
How to Hide a Folder in Windows 8
- Search for Control Panel. Now click on Control Panel then select Folder Options.
- Then a new page will come click on View then select Don’t show hidden files, folders, and drives. Now click on Apply and OK.
- Then go to the folder you want to hide. Right-click on it, select Properties. Select General tab and check the Hidden box. Finally, click on Apply and OK.
How to Hide a Folder in Windows 10
- Select the folder you want to hide. Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Select Hidden Box and click on Apply and OK. Now you have done.