How to Create a Partition in Windows 7 without Losing Data
Today I want to discuss a partition of Windows PC. Particularly here I am going to share with you about how to create a partition in Windows 7. This article may be helpful you because everybody uses partition on their PC. Windows normally installed with a single partition on your hard drive. You need different partitions. We can split our hard drive into several partitions and store our data or files separately from our system files. So I am going to tell you how to create a partition in Windows 7 without losing data.
Creating a partition can be more useful when you upgrade or install Windows. In your new PC, you need to create different partitions to use your hard drive perfectly. Sometimes you need to format your hard drive when you create a partition. So you have to lose your valuable data or files. But here I will show you how to create a partition in Windows 7 without losing any valuable data. It may be really helpful to you. Because you do not want to lose your important data.
I show you a simple method so that you can easily create a new partition in you Windows PC. You can create a partition without any hesitation.
How to Create a Partition in Windows 7
- Click on the Start Menu then place your mouse cursor on Computer and then right-click on it. Now another menu will open, click on the Manage option just like below image.
- Then a new window will open. Select Disk Management from Storage category
- Then a you will see a window just like below. Now select a drive you want to shrink to create a partition out of it. Now right click on that drive and select Shrink Volume…
- Now a new window will open where you see the size of the drive, available space for shrink. You can enter the amount of space you want to shrink. Then click on Shrink.
- After a while, you will see Unallocated drive in your Computer Management window. Right click on Unallocated drive and select New Simple Volume…
- Then New Simple Volume Wizard will appear. Now click on Next about three times. Finally, you will see the Format Partition window. Check Perform a quick format and make sure file system is NTFS. Then click on Next.
Now you have done. I hope now you know how to create a partition in Windows 7.