How to Hide C Drive in Windows PC
You may have different drives on your computer. C drive is the most important drive. This drive contains your important data, documents, and files. You can easily hide C drive in Windows 7, 8. Here I show you how to hide C drive in Windows PC or computer. Some people lock their drives or folders. But I think it is not a good idea to lock all the drives or folders. There is an easy and perfect way to hide your important drive in Windows 7 or 8. If you know how to hide C drive in Windows PC, you can hide other drives by using this method.
You May Like:
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows Users You Should Know
- How to Create or Delete A Partition in Windows 8
- Make Your PC Super Fast Easy Tips for Windows Users
Windows has many interesting and user-friendly features. Hide any drive is really an excellent feature. If your drive contains your important documents and you do not want that anyone sees your drive. Then you can hide that drive. But you need to know how to hide C drive in Windows 7, 8. There are various operating systems of Windows. Windows 7 & 8 are really popular OS. So here I want to show you how to hide C drive in Windows 7, 8.
How to Hide C Drive in Windows 7, 8
This method helps you to hide any drive such as D, E and more. If you can hide C drive, you will able to hide other drives.
How to hide C drive: Windows 7
- Go to Start button and open Run or press Windows key+R from keyboard to open Run. Then type gpedit.msc and press enter.
- Now Local Group Policy Editor Window will come. Click on User Configuration >> Administrative Template.
- Then click on Windows Components and find File Explorer or Windows Explorer. Click on File Explorer or Windows Explorer.
- Now Find Hide these specified drives in My Computer and click on it.
- Now select Enable and then select Restrict C drive only from the drop down menu. Finally, click on OK.
- You have done. You will see the C drive is not available in Computer.
How to hide C drive: Windows 8
- The hiding process is almost same for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- At first, you need to open Local Group Policy Editor using Run. Press Windows key+R from your keyboard and type gpedit.msc then enter.
- Then click on User Configuration >> Administrative Templates >> Windows Components. Then find File Explorer and click on it.
- Then scroll down and click on Hide these specified devices in My Computer.
- Now Enable the settings. Then select Restrict C drive only from the drop down menu. Now click on Apply >> OK.
- That’s all. Hope you enjoy this article. Now you know how to hide C drive in Windows 7, 8. You can hide any drive you like with this method.