How to Unlock Locked Widgets in Blogger Easily
Blogger is an excellent blogging platform. Millions of users are using Blogger all around the world. It is really easy to use. There are a lot of customization options in blogger. You can easily add your new options. In blogger, we use different widgets so that we can make our blog attractive. Without using different widgets you can not make your blog fulfill. If you want to edit some widgets you can do it. Because sometimes we need to edit widget to make it better. There are some widgets you can not edit or remove, these widgets are locked widgets. Here I show you how to unlock locked widgets in blogger.
You May Like:
- Backup and Restore Blogger Blog Template Quickly
- How to Comments on Other Blogs Perfectly
- Who Should Not be a Blogger Know Before Starting
You may want to know how can you recognize locked widgets? Go to your dashboard and then try to remove a widget. If you can not remove it that is locked widget or you will not see removal option on a locked widget. But if you know how to unlock locked widget in blogger, you can easily unlock or remove a widget. This article will help you to know how to unlock locked widgets in blogger.
How to Unlock Locked Widgets in Blogger
- Login to your blogger Dashboard. Click on Layout tab. Now click on Edit button next to that widget you want to unlock.
- Now copy the widget’s ID from the URL of that widget. It looks just like widgetId=name. You can see the image.
- Now go to blogger Template and then click on Edit HTML.
- Now click on Ctrl+F and find that widget ID. Now you will see locked=’true‘ in front of widget ID. Just replace true as false then Save template. Now your widget is unlocked.
- Now click on your Layout again then click Edit of that widget. Then you will see Remove option that means this widget is unlocked. You can delete this widget just click on Remove.
There is another way to delete that widget. When you find the widget ID from Edit HTML page. Just delete the whole line containing the widget ID. You need to delete <b:widget …> ….. </b:widget>. Finally, click on Save template. Now you have done. The widget has deleted.